[X Newbies] Conceptualizing Desktop

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Mon May 5 07:34:39 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 02:13  PM, William Lane wrote:

> I put a folder on the Desktop called Downloads and set it as above.
> All my downloads go there. I have one other folder on my desktop
> called Limbo, it is for the stuff that I'm just not sure of, the stuff
> that is 'in limbo'.

I keep my "Downloads" folder in my user folder, That way all my stuff
is in one place.

With regard to the original post, I would save all files and projects
within your user folder that was created in OS X. Its available to both
OS's and avoids most permissions type messes. You can add/delete
folders to organize it pretty much any way you want (as I said, I added
a "Downloads" folder in mine  as well as making other changes).

As a shortcut, some of the people I know who have to use both OS's,
keep an alias of their user folder on their OS 9 desktop and in their
Favorites list to make it easily accessible.

-Mike