[X Newbies] Diskwarrior and OS X & or will we go mad first

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Mon May 5 09:11:27 PDT 2003

Charles Martin tapped out this message on 5/5/2003 1:08 AM

>No offense intended (because I know it's not your decision) but that's
>just nonsense. Netscape 7, Mozilla, Safari, and yes even IE 5.1 are
>every bit as secure as Netscape 4.7. Probably MUCH more so thanks to
>the holes that have been found in javascript!

However, there is nothing like Netscape 4.8 for deconstruction and
bypassing the no-righclick, grabbing things from the cache, etc! Some
things that are impossible to do with IE.

>As for "degrading web sites," here's an easy way to save yourself a lot
>of bother: stick to the W3C standards for HTML and you'll never have a
>problem. It is ONLY when designers stray into unproven "extensions and
>extras" that you start getting sites that show up correctly on one
>browser and not on another. iCab is an INVALUABLE tool for checking
>standards-compliance. You should test your sites with IT and then you
>won't have to worry about IE vs. Netscape -- it will work correctly in
>both.

Um actually I think it is just the opposite. W3C "standards" often make
things in Netscape either not show up, or overlap improperly or even
crash.