[X Newbies] Printing Problem

Galen A Grimes gag5 at psu.edu
Mon May 5 10:46:38 PDT 2003

Thanks in advance Mark. I hope you can help me straighten out this
problem.

1. Yes I am configured on the windows network and yes I am getting an IP
address from the DHCP server. I can also confirm this at a terminal
window by typing ifconfig.
2. I have confirmed in Print Center that I am using IP Printing and the
correct IP address for the printer is set. I can also ping the printer
from the terminal window.

When I send a print job to the printer it comes out as Postscript. I
checked the drivers for the printer I am using (a Brother 2640N, not a
Postscript printer) and the drivers are all for the Postscript models.

Am I limited to only printing to a Postscript printer? What about HP
models? Can I print to a PCL printer?

Galen