Disk problems

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Tue May 6 00:26:17 PDT 2003

Hi all

I recently tried to optimize my hard disk using Norton Utilities and was
informed, "Disk Cannot be Optimized Because of Damage, 23030."  Ran
Norton Disk Doctor  which then said "Damage to Disk Structure, Error
23026, Cannot Be Repaired."   The tried Disk First Aid, which said
"Invalid Sibling Link, 4, 32752, cannot repair."

Does this mean a reinstall or are there any other options I could try?

Whilst writing which is the best Disk Utility for X?  I've used Norton
for years on Classic with no probs, but I'm getting the impression that
for X it's a bit of a dog.

cheers,
Chris