Screenshots

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Tue May 6 21:56:53 PDT 2003

> From: Jennifer Landefeld <jennsbl at mac.com>
> I've just put it onto the dock for quicker access (I take LOTS of
> screen shots for dumping into Keynote, training presentations, and
> printed instruction sheets). The TIFF quality is much better than the
> PDF exported to JPEG. And any versions of Photoshop I've tested open
> the TIFF just fine (4.x - 7.0)

No need to put it in the Dock, just leave it open in the background and
voila! It's always available through Services!

_Chas_

"Executives in the PC business use the word "sexy", in such a way that
I'm always surprised to discover that their children aren't adopted.
The Mac interface is not "sexy", and it would be grotesque to want it
to be. It is, in fact, playful, often well over the line into
frivolity. The bouncing icons (and the puffs of smoke and the
pipe-organ speech synthesizer and the way dialogs tidily resize and the
drop-shadows on the windows and the jellybean buttons and the eject key
on the keyboard) are not individually rationalizable on utilitarian
grounds, and they do not pretend they mean to be. They are there to, in
aggregate, change the nature of your relationship with the device. They
are joyful, and they hope their joy is infectious." -- Glenn McDonald