[X Newbies] G4 and a Radeon 7000 in a B&W.

James S Jones jsjones at mac.com
Wed May 7 19:48:24 PDT 2003

The fastest G4 for a B&W is 550 MHz and the fastest from Sonnet is only
500 MHz. This may change soon, but it hasn't yet.

In many ways, my B&W with a ATI 7000 and 550 MHz G4 is faster than the
400 MHz AGP G4s at work. InDesign is markedly quicker. So, upgrading
the processor will help, but not things that literally depend on the
GPU and its bandwidth. While you're buying the new processor, make sure
you have maxed your memory to 1 GB.