Questions re Safari and Outlook Express

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri May 9 13:05:41 PDT 2003

> From: Bob Baron <blbaron at earthlink.net>
> 1.  I would like to make my Safari browser the default browser.   I
> keep changing the option in Safari preferences but it reverts back to
> IE every time I reopen the application.

Try setting your preference in BOTH Safari's preferences AND in the
"Internet" system pref panel. That should do the trick.

> 2.  Outlook  Express, which I like better than Mail, will not download
> incoming mail when awakened from sleep but will do so with no problem
> after restarting.  I am very confident that all the settings are
> correct.  I operate this from Classic as I don't think Entourage is
> worth $100.  Any comments re Eudora?
>
> Ideas and particularly solutions greatly appreciated. :)

Here's a suggestion, I have no idea if this will work:

After waking from sleep, *relaunch the Finder.* You can do this by
hitting command-option-escape and choosing "Finder" from the resulting
list of apps. The Finder will go away briefly and then reappear. I've
seen this cure some interesting wake-from-sleep bugs on models affected
by that.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com