Junk in training-what to do with it

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat May 10 17:23:01 PDT 2003

> From: David Crandon <tdc at attbi.com>
>
> I've got the Junk Mail filter set on training mode. I guess I'll leave
> it like that for a couple of months.

No. It should only need a few days (call it a week).

> I'm assuming that because it's in training mode I don't have a Junk
> mailbox.

You can find out by going to the Mail Menu (next to the Apple Menu on
the menubar) and look at the setting under "Junk Mail."

> Is it OK to delete the messages Mail flags as junk in brown color? Or
> do
> I need to leave them in my inbox to keep the training "active"?

You can delete them manually, or set the preferences to delete them
after a certain period of time.

_Chas_

Two studies in "Innovation":
28-Apr-03: Apple introduces revolutionary legal music service (300,000
downloads @ .99/ea on the first day), releases iTunes4 (by far the best
jukebox software in the world), updates Quicktime to encode AAC audio
(superior to MP3).

29-Apr-03: Microsoft's MSN division introduces the iLoo, a portable
toilet with internet access. MS issues three new "critical" security
alerts. (as Dave Barry says, I am NOT making this up.)