[X Newbies] Dock Overlaps - thanks and upshot

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sun May 11 17:27:03 PDT 2003

At 8:25 PM -0400 5/10/03, Charles Martin wrote:
>That's a personal preference. I prefer it on the bottom, because of the
>following trick. Maybe it also works with Docks that are on the sides,
>I've never tried it.
>
>When you have an app that overlaps the Dock, try this: press
>shift-command-D, then press it again (this will cause the dock to hide,
>and then come back). Most OS X-savvy apps will "snap" their windows to
>allow room for the Dock if you do this.

Many thanks to everyone who answered my post about this! It turned out
that I really like the invisible Dock until I put my pointer at the bottom of
the screen. That is what is working for me. I played with the settings for
an hour, is that recreation or a waste of time? I'm going to put it on my
timesheet as "R&D."

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com

10MB emailbox limit/send no attachments.