[X Newbies] Screenshots/Photoshop

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Sun May 11 17:36:46 PDT 2003

At 9:10 AM -0400 5/11/03, TheMacintoshLady wrote:
>Anne Keller-Smith tapped out this message on 5/9/2003 9:52 PM
>
>>But I tried it, and there's no option to tell it to "open with."
>>Now I forgot to mention this the iBook running OS 9.0.4.
>
>What file are you trying to open Anne?

I have a jpeg that a photographer sent me that seems to have
been made with Photoshop 7. When I double click on the document
icon, the error message says "the document could not be opened
because Photoshop 7.0 could not be found." If I try to open it
from within Photoshop 6, and select "All documents" (I don't
see it from within the Open Dialog unless I do this), and then
select Photoshop, I get "could not open because not a valid
Photoshop document." If I do Cmd+I on the icon Show General
Information is the only option (someone suggested to tell it
here to open in Photoshop 6).

As I wrote previously, I can open the same document on my
other machine in Classic with Photoshop 6. It has a wierd
dialog box that comes up but it will open the document.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the fact that
I copied Photoshop 6 from the Tower to the iBook, and the copy
is what's not opening the file???

I was surprised though because so far I can go back and forth
easily with all my Photoshop files on both machines, between
versions 4 and 6 in both OS 9 and X (running Classic).

I have PS 7.0 shrink-wrapped in the box, and yes, I will install
it, but I feel like I've spent all Spring with the RAM updates on
both machines, the OS installation on the Tower, now the process
of upgrading the OS on the iBook, and as well installation of
MX Studio. I have no time to work it seems!!!

Just puzzled - installing PS7 will probably fix it. Or - is there
a way a PS7 person should be saving things so they can be
opened in previous versions?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com

10MB emailbox limit/send no attachments.