[X Newbies] Screenshots/Photoshop

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 21:23:45 PDT 2003

At 10:25 PM -0400 5/11/03, Vincent Cayenne wrote:
>What is the actual file name? Does it have a generic document icon or
>a Photoshop icon or another?

File name as received was P4250199.JPG 1 ---
The icon when clicked upon gives me "Photoshop 7.0 could not be found" error
When attempt to open file from within PS6 says "file not a valid Photoshop
document"
The icon is a visual thumbnail; the Kind is "document"

When renamed P4250199.JPG ---
The icon when clicked upon opens file in Quicktime
When attempt to open file from within PS6 it does FINALLY!!!!
The icon is a visual thumbnail; after renaming the Kind changes to
"PictureViewer document"

I thought Macs were not dependent on document suffixes? Well, pre-OSX.

This is OS 9.0.2.

Curiouser and curiouser.

I think, then, that the reason the photos opened so well on the tower is I
changed
the names to those easier for me to recognize and so they opened right up.
I always
use .gif and .jpg suffixes for consistency, but I didn't think you needed
them on a Mac
unless you were trying to view something in a browser.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com

10MB emailbox limit/send no attachments.