[X Newbies] Screenshots/Photoshop

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 21:50:15 PDT 2003

At 12:15 PM -0400 5/12/03, Jon Warms wrote:
>The third way to select the app that opens a document is to drag the
>document's icon over the app's icon, and - after the app's icon darkens
>- drop the document on the app.

When I do this with my mystery document named "P4250199.JPG 1"
I get "could not open because it is not the right kind of document."

My renamed version without the space and 1 on the end opens just
fine using your method.

Thanks for the tip, another useful thing I didn't know previously.

The other thing that's making me crazy was I thought jpeg was a
sort of universal format that would open in any brower and any
bitmap program.

In a related note, last year a client sent me a whole CD of jpegs
exported from his video camera on a windows machine I couldn't
open. He sent me another CD after we discussed the problem. It
seemed this was because the program he had for importing the
images from the camera was exporting jpegs in a proprietary
Microsoft format for that program only.

Why can't a jpeg just be a jpeg?

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com

10MB emailbox limit/send no attachments.