[X Newbies] jpegs, etc.

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 19:49:08 PDT 2003

At 2:47 PM -0400 5/13/03, Jon Warms wrote:
>Usually the easiest app in OS 9 to open the jpegs is PictureViewer, a
>component of the (free) player version of QuickTime. I really like
>PictureViewer for OS 9 images.

Thanks for your input. I can't seem to get Photoshop to open PictureViewer
images though. I need to make color corrections, etc. in Photoshop with
any images. I could open Simpletext images right up in Photoshop, but
Simpletext is not available in X. I can use it through Classic, but once
OS 9 goes away, I need to know what to do with PictureViewer.

>My second choice for jpeg or gif files is any internet browser. Just
>drop the image file on IE or Netscape, or whatever.

Again, you can't manipulate images in a browser. You can see them,
but not do anything else. Now I used to just make a screen shot and
then open the resulting Simpletext file in Photoshop.

>Third choice for me (but many people's first choice) is Graphic
>Converter. It's shareware, and worth the $35, but you can use it for
>free if you're willing to tolerate a delay.

I might just get this. I've had it, an old version, and it was good.

>A problem in PC to Mac transfers is often the compression method used
>on the dark side machine.

Interesting - I've learned a lot here.

Anne Keller Smith
Down to Earth Web Design
G4 733mHz | Graphite iMac 333mHz
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net
http://www.downtoearthweb.com

10MB emailbox limit/send no attachments.