[X Newbies] jpegs, etc.

TheMacintoshLady TheMacintoshLady at earthlink.net
Sun May 18 10:55:19 PDT 2003

Anne Keller-Smith tapped out this message on 5/16/2003 11:00 PM

>Just out of curiosity, has the Mac always not wanted to open
>documents like this? I thought it did not care what a document
>was named.

In X it does want to know, just like Windows used to but now doesn't
because it wanted to be more "Mac-like". Now Mac is more like Windows 3.1
It needs the file ending, and the exact file ending.
Also, you can nip that screen shot madness in the bud, by changing all
files of that kind to JPGs by doing that in the get info window after
you've dropped one on Preview and converted it.
This PDF madness is ridiculous.

Also, simple AOL sound files won't open at all, but claim they are .au.