[X Newbies] jpegs, etc.

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Tue May 20 15:58:51 PDT 2003

At 3:35p -0400 2003.05.20, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:
>The Finder didn't (and still doesn't) offer access to the type and
>creator codes, nor to ways of changing them. Again, it's fairly easy
>to check -- just do a Get Info (without, that is, having a utility
>such as Super Get Info installed). Under "kind", do you see a four
>character code? And can you change it?

I trust you're right. For me, it's no longer easy to check - I
haven't seen OS 9 in some time and when I was running it I had it
"enhanced" with some 80 INIT/CDEV thingies. I daresay my experience
was based on the intervention of some utility or another.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]