[X Newbies] Partitioning Drive?

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Tue May 20 16:02:46 PDT 2003

At 5:55p -0400 2003.05.20, Florin Alexander Neumann wrote:
>What do you use for regular backups? The pickings are fairly slim on
>the Mac, so I recommend Retrospect, which has a decent track record
>(if worse than miserable tech support). Here's an instance. The user
>has a PowerBook, a single partition. I teach him how to use
>Retrospect. I tell him to dump all files he doesn't need to back up
>into a folder called Junk, and show him how to exclude it from the
>back up when he does it. He forgets

Then perhaps it would be more helpful to create Run files for this
forgetful a user. Basically, ensure that he just has to double-click
on one icon and his backup (with the proper filters) is initiated.
Now I hope he can remembers how to find his blank CDs.
--
'tis as said. [Reality is defined by being described]