[X Newbies] Sending photos to AOL members

Mike mliii at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 06:23:12 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 06:11  AM, Gregory Cortelyou wrote:

> A friend just told me that the attachment shows up as a "mim"
> file and AOL cannot handle it
I totally agree that this is a MAJOR pain and an annoying limitation.
AOL has listed a number of programs that can convert the MIME files to
a format that AOHELL (as I refer to it!) can understand depending upon
whether the recipient is a Mac user or a PC user. AOHELL users can look
for these at AOHELL Keyword MIME.
Decode da Code is one available for the Mac that seems to work well.
Also, while Aladdin's unstuffit is supposed to work with these to
convert the files, I have found that if there is more than one photo
attached, sometimes unstuffit won't give you all of the photos.
Hope that helps a bit.