Sending photos to AOL members

Gregory Cortelyou chefgreg at mac.com
Fri May 30 06:11:02 PDT 2003

This is so annoying. Whenever I try to send a photo taken with my camera and
processed in iphoto to someone on AOL, they can't open it. I always export
the photo to a jpeg format. I use entourage for mail but have tried it in
mail and there is not difference, AOL users can't open the attachments.
Others can. A friend just told me that the attachment shows up as a "mim"
file and AOL cannot handle it. I tried using a different encoding process
than Appledouble which is supposed to work anyway, but he still can't open
it. And, he could not even read the accompanying email which apparently got
lumped in with the attachment? I really don't like AOL, but that is not the
point, most of the nation seems to be on it so somehow someone needs to make
it easy (which they like) to view photos sent to them. Anybody?
Greg C.