new apps not opening

Paul Korntheuer paul at rarefaction.com
Wed Nov 5 08:51:27 PST 2003

I cannot open newly installed apps (various ones). When I double-click
or right click and select open, the icon for a brief moment generates
the outward waves, like it's going to open, but nothing happens.
Afterwards, I've opened iPulse to check to see if the app(s) that I've
tried to open are running in the background, but they don't show up
there either.

Anybody run across this?

I have a Pismo running 10.2.8 (6R73) with 256 MB ram. I've loaded the
OS the following way:
10.2 from install disc
10.2.6 combo download from Apple site
10.2.8 update download from Apple site

I've run DiskWarrior and Disk First Aid from CDs to repair permissions
etc. - no change in result.

Paul