color files in a folder

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Nov 8 12:12:52 PST 2003

> From: jc <jc at his.com>
>
> I want to color all the files in a particular folder (using Panther). I
> can do one at a time but there should be someway to do them all at
> once. I select all and the color buttons are grayed out. Can any one
> tell me how or tell me it can't be done.

I just did exactly this, so I know it ought to work.

I'll bet that the problem is that there's something in your folder that
ISN'T a document or a folder (the only things that can be
colour-coded). When I try to colour-code everything in the apps folder
for example, I get the same "graying out" effect that you do. When I
try to colour-code everything in a folder full of folders and
documents, it works fine.

_Chas_

Sign up for the only political party that actually parties.
http://www.abbaparty.com