[X Newbies] Process Viewer Say OK on Memory

John Wilson wilsonjohn at mac.com
Sat Nov 15 21:41:19 PST 2003

Hi Macintoshlady. It is frustrating when you can't figure something
like this out. In my experience, many kernel panics are caused by
faulty RAM, even RAM which worked fine with previous systems. It seems
that OS X is getting progressively more finicky about RAM spec's. Try
running the Hardware Test CD that came with your Mac and do the
extended test for memory. I found that a chip that had worked for over
a year with all previous versions of OS X no longer worked somewhere
around 10.2.6. Fortunately, the vendor (18004memory) offers a lifetime
warranty and sent me a free replacement module. Good luck. John