[X Newbies] Process Viewer Say OK on Memory

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 15 21:56:58 PST 2003

On Sunday, November 16, 2003, at 12:41  AM, John Wilson wrote:

> Hi Macintoshlady. It is frustrating when you can't figure something
> like this out. In my experience, many kernel panics are caused by
> faulty RAM, even RAM which worked fine with previous systems. It seems
> that OS X is getting progressively more finicky about RAM spec's. Try
> running the Hardware Test CD that came with your Mac and do the
> extended test for memory. I found that a chip that had worked for over
> a year with all previous versions of OS X no longer worked somewhere
> around 10.2.6. Fortunately, the vendor (18004memory) offers a lifetime
> warranty and sent me a free replacement module. Good luck. John

This is the first thing I have not been able to fix. I have not added
any memory - this is stock Apple memory.

Perhaps I just pushed the system a bit too hard...after all...I work on
it all day and night with iTunes Radio blaring my beloved romantic 50's
music in addition to whatever else I'm doing.
(Hah, so now you know how old I am, LOL)

The good thing is I just backed up on CD some of my work in the SITES
folder -- another dangerous thing to have a server and to load the new
pages there first so the client can see them, because they aren't up on
some remote server and very vulnerable to everything! But I have one
picky guy and he wants to see it all first before it goes live.