[X Newbies] VPC Network question update

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Thu Nov 20 06:00:14 PST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eugene Lee" <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net>
To: "Mac OS X Newbies" <X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: [X Newbies] VPC Network question update

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:46:48PM -0800, Carter Tomassi wrote:
> : Lee asked:
> : >
> : >Anyone have any idea why my internet connection will not work in
> : >Windows but works fine on my Mac?
> :
> : Not exactly, but in the past when our connection is broken we recycle
> : the DSL modem and the router also if you have one.
> [...]
>
> Note the subject line.  Unless I'm mistaken, Lee is talking about
> Windoze inside VirtualPC not able to access the Internet, while the Mac
> itself is doing just fine.

I'm not setting on my Mac at home, however if I recall correctly, there are
2 choices for how you set networking in VPC. Go to your settings controls
and select the setting other than what you have now. I'm running VPC with
Win 2K with a cable modem and it works fine, so I suspect you have the wrong
networking setting selected, can't remember what they are called,
consequences of getting old I guess.

Joe Ellis