"Connect to Server" stuck at startup

Ben Gold bgold at acedsl.com
Sat Oct 4 07:20:57 PDT 2003

A co-workers iBook running OS X 10.2.5 (I think it's .5) has a weird problem.

At startup the "connect to server" window pops up automatically,
asking for the password for our fileserver.  I don't why, is there a
setting to automatically connect at startup?

The main problem, though, is that you cannot get rid of the window.
Even though it shows a blinking cursor, it's not the active window,
the desktop is the active window.  You can't close the window or hit
cancel or anything.

Going to the "connect to server" menu just opens another window which
works, but once you've connected the old initial window is still
there.  You can use the computer fine, but you have to drag the damn
window of your way.

Any ideas on what would be causing this?

Thanks,

Ben