Difficulty installing Endnote

Chris Foote foote at chem.ucla.edu
Fri Oct 10 09:13:52 PDT 2003

>From: Scott <scott-xlists at scotist.com>
>Subject: Re: [X Newbies]
>Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 23:23:39 -0700
>

>On Oct 9, 2003, at 10:04 PM, Ross Langmead wrote:
>
>>  I've struck a snag installing Endnote 7 for Mac on an iMac G3 running
>>  OS
>>  10.2, and I suspect it's more to do with administrator rights than a
>>  faulty
>>  installer.
>>
>>  When nearly all Endnote files are installed it gags, with error 1008.9,
>>  -5000, "Error creating folder. Access denied" and when I say OK,
>>  another
>>  message saying, "You do not have enough access privileges for this
>>  installation."
>>
>>  The main user of the iMac has installed other software before and
>>  believes
>>  she has administrator privileges on her computer.
>>
>>  What are we missing?\
>
>Check to see that she does indeed have admin rights.
>
>Otherwise,
>Does this machine have classic installed?
>Has classic ever been launched? If not, launch classic. Then try again.
>You may need to throw in a restart too.
>Yoj might also want to repair permissions.
>
>--
>Scott
Classic should not be necessary; Endnote and its installer run under
X. But do repair permissions.
Chris

Christopher S. Foote                      |Internet:foote at chem.ucla.edu
5505C Molecular Science                   |Phone:(310)-825-1409
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry  |FAX:  (310)-206-1843
University of California, Los Angeles     |
CA 90095-1569                             |
  http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Organic/CSF_Brochure.html