[X Newbies] PAP on CUPS with Printer:LWSelect300 /serial printing

Vincent Cayenne vcayenne at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 19:01:12 PST 2003

At 3:27 AM +0100 10/28/03, Cyril Blanc wrote:
>My PLW300 is not 10 year old I have bought it less than 5 year ago and I am
>still on it's first tone cartridge. Shame is on Apple not to provide upward
>compatibility of it's own printers !

Hmpf. And to think automobile manufacturers have gotten away with
their own unconscionable racket year after year!

Let's not even contemplate some of Apple's competition who dare to
make products whose functional lifespan is less than that of your
print cartridge.
--
Bottom line, it's not worth falling love with this junk! By the time
it breaks, the new one is better and less expensive than the repair