[X Newbies] PAP on CUPS with Printer:LWSelect300 /serial printing

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Wed Oct 29 05:59:01 PST 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003, at 21:43 Canada/Eastern, Cyril Blanc wrote:

> I can see that you are not a computer wizard

You're right. I'm not. You probably want the Harry Potter list -- this
one is intended for adults.

> The cost per page printed on an Inkjet is more than 15 cents so the
> cost of
> 5000 pages is 750 EURO

Hardly relevant to the point (especially when you're talking about a
period of 5 years!); it's not your economics that will determine the
availability of a driver -- it's Apple's.

> The HP replacement of the APLW 300 is around 400 euro

There is no "HP replacement of the APLW 300". If you want a cheap,
low-end laser printer, check out the Samsung ML-1510 -- you can get it
for less than EUR 150.