Trouble with mail.app

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 00:13:33 PST 2003

I am having some trouble with mail.app and wonder if I missed any

One account does not pick up, and sometimes it gives me the "not
allowed on port 110" error.
Other times, it keeps wanting to send from mac.com when I have deleted
that smtp a zillion times.
And other times, when forwarding spam, it just quits on me.
And today I could have sworn I saw it give a message that said
something to the effect of "gathering up the children". HUH? :-)

My other question is, has anyone purchased the new iChatAV and did they
solve the mute button and adding buddy problem? I don't want to pay for
it for this machine if those things have not been fixed.
It think it should come already installed in system 10.3 machines.

Thanks.