[X Newbies] Trouble with mail.app

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Wed Oct 29 15:29:11 PST 2003

Comments below:

On Oct 29, 2003, at 12:13 AM, J wrote:

> I am having some trouble with mail.app and wonder if I missed any
>
> One account does not pick up, and sometimes it gives me the "not
> allowed on port 110" error.
> Other times, it keeps wanting to send from mac.com when I have deleted
> that smtp a zillion times.
> And other times, when forwarding spam, it just quits on me.
> And today I could have sworn I saw it give a message that said
> something to the effect of "gathering up the children". HUH? :-)
Which version of Mail.app are you referring to? Jaguar? Panther? Is
mac.com your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or are you using someone
else such as Earthlink, comcast, etc.?

> My other question is, has anyone purchased the new iChatAV and did
> they solve the mute button and adding buddy problem? I don't want to
> pay for it for this machine if those things have not been fixed.
> It think it should come already installed in system 10.3 machines.
If you have Panther (10.3), you have the new iChat AV. You only need to
separately purchase it if you are continuing to run Jaguar (10.2) and
want the voice and video capability, since the beta for iChat AV is
expiring soon. I haven't had any problems with muting or adding buddies
with Panther's iChat AV.

Norm

> Thanks.

Norman Cohen