[X Newbies] upgrading

Michael Winter michael-winter at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 2 06:26:02 PDT 2003

On Monday, September 1, 2003, at 04:04 PM, Florin Alexander Neumann
wrote:

> What you describe is using the PowerBook in FireWire Target Disk mode,
> not the G3. By saying "it won't work in the reverse direction", you
> are confirming that the G3 B&W can't be used in FW Target Disk mode.

Considering the KB article
<http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58583> does not have
the B&W G3 in the list of computers that support FW target disk mode,
I'd say it probably isn't supported.

As for the definition of "supported' there seems to be some confusion.
"Supported"  to me means it will boot up in FW target disk mode.
"Supported" does not mean simply being able to see a computer that has
been booted in FW target disk mode. AFAIK any Mac with a FW port,
built-in or not, will do that.

-Mike