[X Newbies] Mail.app problems

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 9 09:49:53 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 10:01  AM, Birgit Rhoads wrote:

> I get the same messages.  I just got fed up with the entire
> application and
> went back to Entourage.  I hope Apple fixes Mail with Panther.  I can
> receive some messages, but  not reply because either my server "won't
> send"
> or I have locked the mailbox NOT!

Glad to know it's not me.
What really ticks me off is that when the smtp fails, it adds the
mac.com smtp AGAIN which I have deleted at least a hundred times! Talk
about trying to force you to use something, shades of mickeysoft.

For this "locked mailbox" make sure you have no duplicate accounts,
trash all the associated mailboxes after you copy out any mail, and
start over. I repaired permissions right before, then turned off mail
pickup during, prayed to the mail gods and promised to sacrifice my
first bor.....no just kidding! But I did add the mail in very carefully
which is why I am answering this with it now on this machine and we
shall see what happens.

Some of this stuff is a royal added pain in the butt.