[X Newbies] IE crash

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Thu Sep 11 10:25:29 PDT 2003

Often, the failure of an application to open is due to a corrupt
preference file, or problems with privileges on support files. Many of
the preferences are stored in
/Users/<yourusername>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.internetconfig.plist

You might want to try backing up that preference file and move the
original out of the Preferences folder. Then try launching IE and see
if it opens. I've had this file get screwed up before and it caused all
sorts of headaches until I deleted and recreated it.

Norm

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 09:41  AM, cybarb at mac.com wrote:

> I wondered about reports of IE instability because I had no problems
> until yesterday; got the "IE failed to open...other applications not
> affected..." message.   After removing and installing three times,
> went to Netscape 7.02. My questions:
>
> -what incantations or operations do I need to do to get IE back?
>
> -if not, how do I import Internet scrapbook, not Favorites, into
> Netscape?
>
> TIA, cy
>
> iMac DV+ 450
> 320 MB