Mail.app Mailbox problems

David Boag spikedds at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 17 18:27:46 PDT 2003

This is a follow-up to a recurring problem with Mail. A couple weeks
ago I asked about how to correct a problem of a mailbox "Writing
changes to Disk" for minutes at a time, and repeatedly. I deleted the
mailbox contents with "index" in the filename, and rebuilt the
mailboxes (all of them, actually, not just the offender). The problem
has resurfaced. Not only is it writing changes to disk in the activity
window, but now it is doing it two times at the same time. The mailbox
is my most important mailbox with over 3000 digests in it, and that may
be part of the problem, although Entourage never did anything like this.

I'm thinking I might be forced to reinstall Mail.app, but since it
installed with OS X, I'm not sure how. I have a hard time thinking it's
the prefs, because it's only this mailbox.

Any guidance would be helpful at this point. Thanks.

--
David R. Boag, DDS
spikedds at bellsouth.net
Dental Design of Kedron, LLC