[X Newbies] Haunted by users...

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 13:33:38 PDT 2003

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 03:45  PM, Florin Alexander Neumann
wrote:

>> But now, I am getting emails from users with these huge crash
>> reports, starting with the
>>
>> Exception:  EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (0x0002)
>> Code[0]:    0x00000002Code[1]:    0xa02212a0
>
> Then they're incomplete. They should start with date, time, OS
> version, host.

Oh it did --  I just didn't want to clutter up the post with the rest
of the junk..

>> Since his setup is exactly like mine, and was done at the dealer
>> (10.2.6, 512 RAM) I don't have a clue what could be wrong.
>
> That's what the crash log should tell you -- if you examine carefully.
> You have to post more details if you expect helpful answer. "Exactly
> like mine" doesn't necessarily mean quite what it sounds. For
> instance, he may have a bad RAM chip. Or he may be trying commands you
> don't try.

I would think a bad RAM chip would affect the system as a whole....but
it's just this app.
He isn't doing anything special. He's pretty limited.

>> I am not used to machines crashing like this.
>
> Are you talking of machine crashes, or applications crashes?

Applications on X.