[X Newbies] Word OS X permission issues

Joe Ellis jellis at gdeb.com
Mon Sep 22 11:34:30 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Gold" <bgold at acedsl.com>
To: "Mac OS X Newbies" <X-Newbies at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [X Newbies] Word OS X permission issues

Did he also run it on the server? If he isn't the admin on the server when
he brings a document to his hard drive the permissions may not be right. You
need to check out how file permissions are controlled and inherited on the
server as well. This area can be really confusing because simply moving a
file from one directory to another can affect how they are set depending on
who moves it. Try doing a google search on "Unix permissions"; see what you
get for explanations, careful, it can make your hair hurt.

Joe Ellis