[X Newbies] Word OS X permission issues

Ben Gold bgold at acedsl.com
Mon Sep 22 12:13:11 PDT 2003

Yeah, that's my fear.  I'm the admin of the server, I have the disk
that is shared set to "ignore permissions on this disk".  I'm not
sure that's the best method - I have had some permission troubles on
one of the OS 9 clients, but not on any of the OS X clients or
numerous other OS 9 clients (about 8-10 clients total).

Again, the document in question is not being worked on from the
server, it's on his local disk, but I do suspect the server is
involved.  How I'm not sure... it just seems that the problem only
arises when he's connected to the server (not sure).  Anyway, I tend
to suspect it's a Word/OS X conflict of some sort - he's not having
any other problems with permissions.

-Ben