[X Newbies] OT? Cable modem recommendation

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Sep 22 23:35:15 PDT 2003

Paul Korntheuer said:

>Is there a spot for reviews on cable modems? Comcast will charge 3 bucks a
>month to "lease" one, but I figured I'd just fork out the money and buy one
>myself.

How about a premium cable modem for only $16 ?!

3Com/USRobotics External Cable Modem CMX(2940)
Price: $16
Condition: Refurbished
Warranty: 30 days

The CMX 2940 is compatible with both PC and Mac systems.  It is also one
of the most widely supported Cable Modems on the Market. Supports cable
industry DOCSIS standards for interoperability

I have one, and it's great!
<http://www.softwareandstuff.com/product2581.html>

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common Macintosh OS X Jaguar Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html