[X Newbies] OT? Cable modem recommendation

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Tue Sep 23 07:41:47 PDT 2003

After having no end of problems with an ATTBI RCA supplied modem that
had to be reset about once a week, I decided to also get the Toshiba
modem after reading a number of reviews. Since I got it about a year
ago, I've had to perform only a few resets, and most of those weren't
necessary since the problem was Comcast's frequent downtime for its DNS
server. Rather than resetting as a first step (a somewhat knee-jerk
reaction), I first check my router for a valid assigned address and do
some other trouble-shooting. I've been very satisfied with the Toshiba.

Norm
On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 01:43  PM, jc wrote:

> I bought mine at Costco for not much money. It's been working great
> for 3 or 4 years. Toshiba PCX2200
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com