[X Newbies] OSX not dial-up friendly

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Wed Sep 24 12:47:58 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 14:07 Canada/Eastern, David Crandon
wrote:

> True, however you could set it to disconnect after just one minute....

I don't think that's really the issue. The problem is to distinguish
between applications and operating system. Granted, that's not always a
simple matter, but for the average user it's best if that distinction
is clearly made. Paul's and Deb's comments are a bit like saying, "I
have this CD player, and I don't like it, because it only plays rock
'n' roll." Once the the distinction between the former and the latter
is understood, then the user is much more closer to getting the whole
chain to play the music he wants when and how he wants it -- which is
the point, after all.