[X Newbies] OSX not dial-up friendly

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Wed Sep 24 13:13:17 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 15:44 Canada/Eastern, Gregory Cortelyou
wrote:

> However, the "not dial-up friendly" aspect of OS X has much more to do
> with other things. Like the HUGE software updates the system requires
> (by
> the way 10.2.8 is running fine on my G4 with a DSL ethernet
> connection); the
> online help; sherlock; itunes music store, etc.

That's something else (and, incidentally, not what Paul was talking
about). I'm with you on this one. Though, it's not so much that it's
not "dial-up friendly"; it's that, like Win XP or Linux for that
matter, it's really not friendly towards people who can't have or can't
afford a constant internet connection. But then, no OS has ever been
friendly towards people who don't have or can't afford electricity, so
there.