Trouble Wth trying to Update OS8.1

TDavis8810 at aol.com TDavis8810 at aol.com
Wed Sep 24 13:25:49 PDT 2003

Would someone please help me… Being 82 Yr's old and a little slow on the
uptake in my mind… No excuse just getting old .... I' am sure that there is some
young MAC genius out there who will have the answer… I have a Pwr.Mac-6500 -300
Mhz processor and 6GB HD. And full complement of installed Ram.  I' am using
OS 8.1 and want to upgrade to OS 8.6 ___ I have OS 8.5 but no update from OS
8.1 to OS 8.5 .... It seems to me that I can only update by installing OS 8.5
from scratch and that means erasing my HD, and then having to reinstall all my
software. I do not want to do this I'd like to just upgrade from Mac 8.1 to
Mac 8.6 ... Pls. You very intelligent young Mac people I'd bet you have the
answer ... I will appreciate it very much if you will enlighten me .. Thank You
Tom Davis