[X Newbies] Picture Stamp on email messages?

Barry blyden at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 20:12:39 PST 2004

Birgit,

Do you have a picture set in your account preferences, and are you
using Apple Mail? I ask because your picture does not show up.

My understanding was that Mail displayed the picture you have set in
your account prefs on your local system whenever one of your email
messages appear in Apple Mail, but the picture is only transmitted to
others when a .mac account is active and the email passes through the
.mac email server. Can someone confirm this? I am prepared to stand
corrected if I have the wrong understanding.