[X Newbies] help! cd, net and help viewer gone south

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sat Apr 3 08:28:01 PST 2004

A reasonable concern. If you delete the user from the Accounts System
Preference Pane using your administrative account, you will have the
option of saving the old user directory as a disk image file or
completely deleting it. Either way, your local netinfo database gets
updated, removing the user from the user domain as well as removing the
user from any assigned groups. No other residue should remain if you
choose to delete the user directory in its entirety, assuming you
haven't installed anything else using that user name into other areas
such as /Library, /Applications, etc.

Norm
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the
intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work."
Gallagher