Font Problems

Chris Walker chris at mymac.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 03:48:02 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Whilst using OS9 I used an HP 2100M Laserjet with Postscript. The
installer that came with it installed the standard set of PS fonts (or
presumably the screen part) in the OS9 fonts folder.

The latest OSX version of the LJ2100 driver does not install any fonts -
or at least that I can discern, although there is a copy of New Century
Schoolbook that is recognised by some apps and not others and in fact
does not appear in Fontbook although it is clearly visible in the fonts
folder.

Two points:

Why should a font in the fonts folder not appear in FontBook and appear
in some (not all) apps;

Is it possible to simply drag across the appropriate font folders from 9
to X or do I have to purchase the standard PS fonts separately?

Cheers,

Chris