OT: "Propaganda"

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Apr 14 13:50:49 PDT 2004

> From: Alex <alist at sprint.ca>
> Off-topic: As a mere subscriber, may I suggest to our American fellow
> subscribers that using sigs to push their political or religious
> propaganda may be unwelcome (or even offensive) to (some)
> non-Americans?

Luckily, us American members have a guarantee of freedom of speech that
we hold dear and dare not compromise -- it's one of the few rights we
have left!

It is that level of patriotism that forces me to expose the lies and
deception of the present administration, whose actions affect everyone
(including those outside the US). Believe me, it doesn't make me happy
to admit that my country is totally in the wrong these days.

However, as I've said many times, I rotate my sigs periodically and
they are not always on a political bent. Having been approached nicely
about it, I'd be happy to switch to a generic "Mac-oriented" bit of
propaganda for a while if others will also take down their
religious/political propaganda. Variety, after all, is the spice of
life.

_Chas_

"Here is the thing you will learn from really using an OS X Macintosh,
and must somehow accept on faith if that's what it takes to get you to
Switch: Apple makes design decisions based on a sincere desire to make
your life better." -- Glenn McDonald