[X Newbies] OT: Propaganda

Raoul Armfield armfield at amnh.org
Thu Apr 15 12:46:07 PDT 2004

:Quite true. If you re-read what you quoted, you will see I am
:_suggesting_ that some sigs _may_ give offence. Those who have good
:taste and good breeding will understand and act accordingly.
:Just as in
:a theatre, when you suggest to the noisy couple behind you that their
:loud conversation interferes with your enjoyment of the show.
:Some will
:retort rudely, some will take no notice, and some will get the point
:and leave the conversation for the after-show dinner, without feeling
:that their constitutional rights have been trampled on, or
:that someone
:is privileging a certain worldview.
:

I find it interesting that the poster of the sig found it a lot less of
a problem then many others who have chosen not to use a sig or at least
not one that has become as controversial as mr Critchley's

Raoul