G5s @ 3GHz?

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Apr 15 15:44:15 PDT 2004

> From: Eugene Lee <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net>
> BTW, anyone notice that current G5 PowerMacs are nowhere near the 3 GHz
> mark that Jobs had mentioned a while ago?

I don't mean to sound like an apologist here, but what Steve *actually
said* is that *IBM* would have 3GHz chips by summer. Right from the day
I heard this (live), I have always assumed it meant that Apple would be
able to boast 3GHz G5s before the end of 2004, hopefully in time for
the xmas buying season.

Still, after listening to the financial analysts call yesterday, I'm
more convinced than ever that a significant speed bump is coming soon
to the G5s.

I think we may have to wait a bit longer than we'd hoped to get our
hands on a 3GHz machine, but we should still see one before 2005.

_Chas_

Have you noticed that this administration's harshest critics are ...
lifelong Republicans?
Richard Clarke, Paul O'Neil, John McCain, Scott Ritter, John Dean, John
O'Neill, David Kay ... and the list goes on ...