OT: "Propaganda" And an on-topic question. Imagine!!!

Bobbo bobbo924 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 16 07:20:33 PDT 2004

There is no inherent right not to be offended. Taking offense precludes
examining the issue. A secure stand on an issue can include tolerance of
other views. I've been around awhile: was a child in the repressive,
hypocritical 50's, came of age in the more permissive (and later
self-involved) 60's and 70's. I still clearly remember the divisive,
condemnatory period of Viet Nam, during which many patriotic, idealistic
Americans were labeled "unpatriotic" cuz they disagreed with a misguided
power structure. I've seen the debate of political correctness vs. free
expression. I've learned this: you can't really change someone's mind or
heart. Only they can do that.

A lifelong liberal with some conservative positions, I loathe to the core
the current state of talk radio, a medium I used to find stimulating. It's
degenerated to undisciplined thinking (if at all), a hotbed of a priori
assumptions, the lowest common denominator. Heat gets ratings, while light
does not. But I value the system that enables these morons and demagogues
to preach to their respective (though disrespectful) choirs. I prefer
discourse, but I always have the option of changing the channel.

See you your own freedoms by guarding the rights of those with whom you
disagree (like those who love OSX, for example. See? It' IS on topic).
Examine your own tendency to be offended from a standpoint of your own
responsibility. They're your feelings, after all. When you limit another's
free expression you threaten your own. The winds of change blow from any
direction they wish.

NOW: Will someone please tell me why it continues to be impossible to print
from this wonderful, evolved, ready for prime time OSX 2.8 to my Epson
3000? When I try to add the printer after reinstalling the driver, I have 2
choices that apply: USB and Epson USB. USB shows the 3000, but says "Driver
Not Installed." When I choose "Epson USB" it lists no printers at all. Yes,
I have the printer hooked up and powered up during this. Whenever I try to
print to the blessed thing, it always says "Job Stopped."

It's gonna be a while before I buy any Mac that won't boot into 9. If
you're offended by that, it's YOUR problem ;-)

Bobbo

Art, pet and human portraits: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
Voice Over website: http://www.bob-vo.com
And don't forget: do good works for free at http://www.thehungersite.com