[X Newbies] converting wordperfect files to Word v.X

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Thu Apr 22 06:51:39 PDT 2004

On Thursday, Apr 22, 2004, at 01:41 Canada/Eastern, Randy B. Singer
wrote:

> Alex said:
>> [...] Randy, the link you provided is for the development Cocoa
>> version of
>> AbiWord, which, AFAICT, for the time being doesn't have any plug-ins.
>> Are you talking about using it under X11?
>
> No.  Several users have reported to me that they have used it (the
> Cocoa
> version) to open WordPerfect files and save in Word format.

Hub says, without ifs, ands or buts:

"Known issues for Mac OS X: [...] plug-ins do not work"

It'd be interesting to find out how they've opened .wpd with this
version.

IMHO, the Cocoa v2.1.1 is strictly for hobbyists -- seems like a stable
version is some time away.