[X Newbies] Onyx...

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Sat Apr 24 15:04:17 PDT 2004

>> At the suggestion of a few on this list I bought and ran Onyx,
>> strangely since then my systems been running a little clunky.
>
> First you have to explain to me how you bought freeware.
smirk

>>  I just
>> launched it again to see if I had initiated something that might cause
>> it, and for some reason OnyX sees my machine as 667MHz, not the 1gig
>> it
>> is...
>>
>> Would that make any difference?
>>
> It's quite possible that OnyX could have a bug dealing with such a
> large amount of RAM.
1 gig PROCESSOR...
>  Contact the developer and see if he's had any similar reports -- ISTR
> that he used to but supposedly fixed those problems. What version are
> you running (latest version for Jaguar is 1.3.1)? If you are using
> anything higher than that, you've downloaded the Panther version and
> that might be the problem right there.
Nope definitely using the 10.2.8 version...

>> Any ideas why Onyx might make this thing run sluggishly?
>>
> See above, but also explain what you mean by "ran" the program. Did
> you tinker with a lot of settings? Did you run the "automate" section?
I did not actually tinker with it that much... just checked a few
options... and yes did run the automate thingy...

Actually it's funny, everything seems to have settled down and is
running smooth and fast now...

Thanks,m

Matthew Guemple
c. 646.734.6601